Self Introduction: Tom "spot" Callaway

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Nov 2 02:57:37 UTC 2003

Full Legal Name: Tom Callaway
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Profession: Enterprise Architect
Company: Red Hat
My Goals in the Fedora Project:

My goal is to work with Fedora to help advance Linux/SPARC. Right now,
that is through the Aurora SPARC Linux Project (http://auroralinux.org),
which I'm currently in charge of. I'm willing to do QA, although, I'd
prefer to focus on SPARC specific QA testing.

I don't have any specific packages that I'm pushing at the moment, but I
reserve the right to amend that list as we move forward.

Historical qualifications:

What other projects have you worked on in the past?

I'm currently project leader (and founder) for the Aurora SPARC Linux
Project (http://auroralinux.org), with one successful major release
under my belt, and another one in development.

I've submitted some minor patches to various Red Hat Linux packages as a
byproduct of my job, and troubleshooted advanced bugs and
misconfigurations with enterprise customers.

I also once wrote a nasty shell script to emulate Solaris's prtdiag.

Why should we trust you?

Red Hat trusts me. :)

GPG KEYID and fingerprint:

pub  1024D/93054260
2001-03-22 Tom Callaway (spot) <tcallawa at redhat.com>
Key fingerprint = D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260
sub  2048g/6F9658C0 2001-03-22

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley