AMD 64 - What can I do to help?

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 20:40:55 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 05:57:40PM -0000, Pete Bradbury wrote:
> Subject says it all.
>
> Like to help as I've just got an AMD 64 FX gizzmo.
>
> Just someone explain what I could do and I'll try to do some of the simpler
> tasks...

Well, most of the simple development tasks just get done as part of
building the packages, at least right now.

There's a community effort to put together Fedora Core 1 for AMD64
and Red Hat is participating.  I'd say that since images should be
available for testing soon, testing them on your hardware and reporting
bugs, especially bugs that don't show up on x86, would be something
very important.

Also, once it is available, helping QA packages for AMD64 in the
fedora.su QA queue would be useful.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/