mod_frontpage packaging

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 21:01:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 10:30:56PM +0530, Shekhar wrote:
> We use mod_frontpage for package apache for our RH servers. It is
> already been included in Mandrake. I wonder can we [fedora] include this
> as part for distro. If it can be included I would put this request
> alongwith the package download URLs on fedora [.us?] site.
> New version of this module can be used as a DSO.

A couple of thoughts...

 o  Is "Frontpage" a trademark?

 o  A google search on mod_frontpage shows several reimplementations
    and lots of security issues as the main hits...

The first might be an issue for fedora.us (we want to be careful about
legality); the second is more an issue of taste and might keep it out
of Fedora Core even if it went into extras, from a concern for security
standpoint.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/