Re: AMD 64 - What can I do to help?

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 16:31, Florin Andrei wrote:

> Any issues that one might expect from things like ALSA or NVidia
> drivers?

NVIDIA hasn't published any native 64-bit drivers yet.

I'd be surprised if ALSA was fully 64-bit clean, but I don't use sound
on my AMD64 systems.

> I'd like to switch to AMD64 and help with QA and maybe development as
> well, but i depend on the drivers mentioned above.

I'd say it's a bit too early to expect whiz-bang 3D performance on
64-bit AMD64 desktop machines.  On the other hand, I'd say that the
platform is solid for servers, albeit with lots of packaging annoyances
if you're running mixed 32-bit and 64-bit userland.

	<b