Development offer

Childers, Matthew mchilders at bentonville.k12.ar.us
Tue Nov 4 17:43:45 UTC 2003

> Hi there,
>
> I've just been through the Fedora web site, after reading the RedHat
> announcement about stoping support on RedHat Linux.
>
> I've found that the Fedora project was missing some desktop tools, and
> especially a  system task scheduler. I had a try of Python/PyGTK a few
> monthes ago and wanted to get a bit deeper with this environment. I
found
> usefull to start learning by contributing to something that will
benfit to
> the community. On top of that, I'm a Linux user since now 10 years,
and
> except translating some GNOME guides into french, I haven't
contributed so
> much.
>
> So, my question is, does someone even start writing any spec/code on a
> system task scheduler desktop tool for the Fedora project. If any, and
if
> my
> assistance is welcome, then please get in touch with me. If not, then
> may
> start working on my own side on some kind of specifications.
>
> Bye,
>
> Xavier Nicolovici

I too am a long time user of RedHat and have never really found a place
to contribute, but would love to help out on the Fedora Project.  I have
developed apps in C and Gtk before (although most of my development
knowledge is in VB and ASP on the Windows side), but I have used
Python/PyGTK a little bit and don't think it would be that major of a
learning curve.  Like Xavier, I am willing to help out on any projects
if any have started, or Xavier, I would be willing to work with you on a
task scheduler.  Again, I don't want to be a burden to anyone, and don't
mind doing dirty work, just let me know what you need and I would be
more than willing to help, as long as I have free time at that moment.
Would love to get my feet wet in the development process, so let me know
if you need anything.

Thanks,
Matt