Re: Question about development languages

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 14:03, Brian Dee wrote:
> I've used Python and PyGTK to build some personal little widgets and
> stuff, just to learn more about the language(s). But, I've never used
> Glade to interface with Python. Anyone know of a good resource to
> learn that? I haven't been able to find any Glade/Python tutorials out
> there with google. I read through some of the source for
> redhat-configure-packages, but I have a hard time learning by reading
> other people's code, I'm better with some kind of a reference. I'd
> also like to get involved with them more in this project. I read about
> a cron/at scheduler idea going around. Is that still out there? Let me
> know!! I'd love to "get my feet wet"!!! : )

For a drop-dead simple example of a pygtk program, look at
ftp://people.redhat.com/bfox/sample-glade-program.tar.

Uncompress the tar file and then cd into the template/ directory.  Then
run './template.py' to execute the program.  template.glade is the XML
file that glade creates.  In order to change this UI, open this file
with Glade.  mainWindow.py contains the Python code.  The
"xml.get_widget()" calls show how to retrieve the GTK widgets from the
XML file so that you can then reference them from inside your Python
code.

Cheers,
   Brent