i18n issues, was: FC2 release

Pedro Morais pmmm at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Fri Nov 7 01:01:29 UTC 2003

Em Sexta 07 Novembro 2003 00:49, Alan Cox escreveu:
> > related to the Enterprise Linux 3 launch.  We are hoping by mid-December
> > to be able to get back on track with the Fedora releases.
> >
> > We are very excited by the strong support of community translators
> > though, and hope to have the time soon to be able to better coordinate
> > these efforts.
>
> Does that mean that by mid December we can be thinking about getting the
> lost translations (for non install stuff) rolling out as or with errata,
> since Fedora doesn't have the errata restrictions RHEL does ?

That would be very good; each untranslated string is a serious acessibility
issue -- at least here in Portugal in the special market I use Linux
(industrial shop floor segment).
Although I do understand that's it's probably a lot of work for Red Hat to do
so, so maybe we better just think of ways to make sure there aren't any "lost
translations" on FC2.
--
Pedro Morais - morais at kde.org - http://www.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~pmmm/