i18n issues, was: FC2 release

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Fri Nov 7 12:02:04 UTC 2003

Pedro Morais wrote:
> Another "acessibility" issue is internationalization; the current process
> isn't bad at all, but could be improved.
> I was unfortunately very busy during this beta period (only managed to follow
> the mailling lists and update portuguese translations), so I can't really
> complain, but I kept i18n stats at 100% at almost all tims, and certainly at
> the freeze point I'm sure that only the anaconda docs has a couple of
> untranlated, and still there are powerdown messages in english (in the middle
> of portuguese messages, so it's not a "too late for i18n issue") and, even
> worse, up2date/rhn_register is half translated/half in english.
>
> Clearly there's room for improvement.

Yes, and I'm here to help translating things to Brazilian Portuguese too
:) Internationalization is much important... I wanted to help because
every time I used RH and pick up the Brazilian Portuguese language for
the system, I ended up with lots of Portuguese (From Portugal) mixed
with Brazilian Portuguese. They are both Portuguese, but they have lots
of diferences, mainly in tech words.

[]'s
Hugo