TradeMarked Name --redhat-config-

David Farning dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 7 14:31:21 UTC 2003

        I have been working for the past several weeks on a visual gui
front end for yum.  I am considering bringing that knowledge with me to
work on the fedora project.
          But, Frankly, I am concerned about contributing to a program
with a trademarked name.  I am interested in giving back to the
entiregnu/linux community not just the redhat community.
        If  someone likes my product, I would like them to be able to
freely use my work irregardless of their distro/flavor.
        With this in mind what are your suggestions?
        a. Go ahead and work on redhat-config-*.
        b. Seek renaming of redhat-config-* to something vendor neutral.
        c. Put my work in an up stream project and let it trickle down.

Thanks
Dave Farning