FC2 release dates

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 04:28:40 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 02:52, Hugo Cisneiros wrote:
> I don't know if the implementation is stable enough, but I think when
> kernel 2.6 arrives, it'll be a good "ride" to implement native ACL
> support in the file system.
>
> I mean native = easy access and documented procedure on how to work with
> ACL on files and such :)

We should ideally be able to select files in Nautilus, right-click,
select Properties, select Permissions, then get an NT/2k-style tool to
add/remove ACLs. Casual users would then be able to easily share
selected files with others instead of having to mess with setfacl (or,
as needed now, ask an admin to create a new group everytime files need
to be shared. Ugh)

If ACL is a stated goal for FC2 I'll bugzilla this request.

Regards,

Michel