TradeMarked Name --redhat-config-

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat Nov 8 02:41:18 UTC 2003

>         If  someone likes my product, I would like them to be able to
> freely use my work irregardless of their distro/flavor.
>         With this in mind what are your suggestions?
>         a. Go ahead and work on redhat-config-*.
>         b. Seek renaming of redhat-config-* to something vendor neutral.
>         c. Put my work in an up stream project and let it trickle down.

Do you worry about contributing to gnu-cc ?

I do understand the point you are trying to make but its GPL code and so
you can either rename it or not worry about it (Red Hat ships gnu-cc, nothing
stops other folks shipping redhat-config-blah really as I understand it).

You'd want different artwork of course.