Warren's rejection of cooperation with other repos

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 8 18:07:14 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 03:48:28PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> While I'd like to stay out of this, because I've not been part of
> the pre-fedora.us discussions, I skimmed over the list archives when
> I subscribed to the list. May not count much, but it was -- and
> still is -- my impression that the maintainers of existing repos
> were not willing to compromise. That made it really difficult for
> fedora.us to start.

You have the wrong picture then. What compromises are you talking of?
Accepting fedora.us' non-comaptibility to their own repos?

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 05:59:31PM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> As to why, I can only agree with Michael: people didn't/don't want
> to change the way they do things, have their packages go through
> rigorous (and slow) QA etc.

To answer to both of you: Personally I am fond of strict rules and
QA. I wouldn't mind a submission system similar to fedora's and hope
that the merger will polish it.

The problems are by far not technical. This would be a far too simple
explanation, and if I were the lazy type'a'guy, I wouldn't have wasted
so much time in getting the disttag's (and other specs) rolling.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de