redhat-config-xfree86 Spanning Desktops not working

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 23:46:50 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Ive just had to do something to get the multi-head video card to work
properly
on my system.

I was trying to get the Spanning Desktops working from the GUI tool but
couldnt.

This is part of the /etc/X11/XF86Config after I changed it:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard1"
        Driver      "mga"
        VendorName  "Videocard Vendor"
        BoardName   "Matrox Millennium G550"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        Screen          1
EndSection

I had to add the "Screen 1" part and then I had a spanning desktop.

Im not sure if this is a bug or something Im not doing right.

My hardware setup:
x2 Sony Sony CPD-G400.
Matrox Millennium G550
XFree86 Version 4.3.0 (Fedora Core 1: 4.3.0-42)
Athlon CPU
1G RAM
ASUS A7V266E Motherboard

Thanks,