php in fedora development

ben ford blargg at budget.net
Tue Nov 18 18:40:07 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 04:31, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Both the mhash and mcrypt modules for PHP require those libraries, so it's
> not just a configure switch.. Since those libs are not included in the
> fedora core (that i know off), it would mean including those too.
>
> Did you ever consider using the openssl checksum & crypto functionality?

> Anyways, just pointing out it's not as cut-dry-and-simple as you made it
> sound

What would it take to get mcrypt and mhash libraries to be part of the
Fedora Core?  Could someone interested build the rpms?  I need mcrypt
modules for a php project here at work. I would *consider* doing this in
the hopes that it would make life easier for others.

I've never built or maintained an RPM so I might be overdoing myself
here, but I am willing to learn.  I have around 5 years linux experience
and have yet to contribute directly.