Question about Development

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Mon Nov 24 07:06:29 UTC 2003

There are several practical reasons to not do it in Wx (at least if you
want it being used in Fedora)

1) Wx would have to be introduced in Fedora for that single purpose: ie
it would introduce the not negligible overhead of packaging Wx and
keeping a watch in its security holes

2) The gratuitous use of yet another toolkit means for one side a waste
of resources (will not share memory with other applications) and confuse
users who will find that such or such action does not work as in the
rest of the desktop.

Unless you have a very good technical reason for using Wx or you just
want to have some fun without caring about use of your application I
urge you to stick to mainstream toolkit

Jean Francois Martinez <jfm512 at free.fr>