FC2, 2.6 vs 2.4

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 21:05:48 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 19:14, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> Dave Jones wrote:
>
> > It's my current understanding that ide-tape is less broken than
> > ide-scsi. (Although it too needs fixing iirc).
>
> anyway, 2.6 still needs a lot of work:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=106623457024140&w=2

Bah, don't believe everything that guy says.
Whilst there are a whole slew of changes that never made it forward,
there's nothing really "stop ship" about those missing bits.
Of the sorts of changes that haven't made it, the only ones to really
worry about are the security related fixes, which is currently being
sorted out.  Driver fixes usually get brought forward 1 by 1 as they
get updates (and after 2.6.0 goes gold we'll likely see a lot of
driver updates from folks who don't follow the development branch)

The rest is just fluff.

	Dave
--
Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>