Re: fstab problem with mount

James Harrison wrote:

/dev/hda4 /pub ext3 defaults 0 0

try:
/dev/hda4  /pub  ext3 defaults 1 2

see
man fstab

Ok, I have been man fstab and man 8 fstab 'ing for a while now.

Still no joy.

Question... Can the way the original filesystem was made be causing the problem? I went back and remade the filesystem as extended, but it didn't change anything. I can't see how the setup of the filesystem could be causing the problem once it works properly.

I am at a loss as to what is wrong.

tb