FC1 tag in ethereal-0.9.16-2.FC1.1.i386.rpm

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 19:44:13 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:11:18PM +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Such non-standardized tags will cause conflicts with automatic
> buildsystems. For a clean update-path a disttag-change is needed for new
> releases. What do you think happens at mass-rebuilds (e.g. rh9* -> fc1
> transition) when every packager chooses an own disttag-scheme? Either,
> the packager would have to resubmit a new version (inclusive the QA
> trail) or the buildmaster would have to change the tags manually.
>
> Both methods are not really an option, imo...

Sorry, I think I was operating on insufficient context.  I was
stuck in the base distribution -- Fedora Core, not third party
repositories.  Please excuse that...

Before I give any more pronouncements on this, I'd like to more
carefully study the issues.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/