FC2 and general LDAP Support

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Wed Nov 26 22:10:45 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 16:12, Roland Käser wrote:
> The redmond bill hat not that many good
> ideas but the one with the registry was a good one.

I couldn't disagree more. The Windoze registry is a pseudo-monolithic
piece of binary information that can't be easily edited, backed up or
manually edited in case of corruption or failure. Even GNOME's approach
with GConf is still a mess (have you ever tried looking for a config
element inside the XML files?)

I don't mind Linux having a lot of configuration files. What I would
like to see is a configuration tool that knows about those files, knows
how to modify them and allows the user to do those changes through a
streamlined, homogeneous user interface.