I gotta ask this ...

Jules Colding jules at tdcadsl.dk
Thu Nov 27 19:48:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 23:30, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I have seen several posts in the past where someone asks about building
> > Fedora ISO images. I have yet to see a response.
> >
> > Surely _someone_ must know how this is done. Why is there never a response?
> > Is this knowledge a 'secret sauce' that nobody wishes to share?
>
> Not really secret sauce. Build all the packages, boot the result, build
> all the packages again with it, figure out how to fit it all and the installer
> on the CD images and burn.

One way to do this is to look at LFS. The idea is to make a shell script
to do what the LFS book says. I have done this once and are doing it
again (for various reasons) right now. It would be a simple, but
tedious, job to replace the LFS packages with fedora packages.

One downside with my current approach is that I am building a system
from tarballs and SRPMs but the resulting "distribution" is not RPM
based. I think someone could fix this when I am done..

Just ask and I will mail the resulting scripts (under the GPL) to
whoever wants them, when I am done.

--
  jules