Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Derek P. Moore derek.moore at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 7 04:31:58 UTC 2003

> Is Fedora a business-level distribution or not? If
it
> is, then fine, leave it in. But if it isn't, let us
> at least be honest about how few people at home and
> small/medium organizations are using it and
> reconsider our fascination and dedication to it.

Let's try your thought experiment on something more
fundamental to Fedora:

"Let's be honest about how few people at home and
small/medium organizations are using Linux and
reconsider our fascination and dedication to it."

So, using your own rationale, we should "not make
everything depend on Linux" and support for Linux
should be removed from Fedora.

Just 'cause Bill Anderson has some weird
anti-fascination with Kerberos doesn't mean it's not
an important or viable technology, or that it should
be removed from Fedora.  Kerberos is here to stay,
whether you like it or not.  I, for one, /need/
Kerberos support in Fedora (no, wait, I need /better/
Kerberos support in Fedora).

With Microsoft now promoting Kerberos, Kerberos
support in Fedora is that much more important.

Okay, I'm done now,

Derek