Re: GCC-3.3 and OO.org

Le ven 10/10/2003 à 23:15, Dan Williams a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> It is not possible to compile the java bits of OOo right now with a
> non-Sun Java solution.  Kaffe is the closes some have gotten (Debian
> project) but there are still major issues with it.  Compiling OOo with
> gcj would require major patching because gcj is not set up like the Sun
> JDK, which OOo expects to find.

Well really it's not the app job to be adapted to gcj but gcj's one to
appear just like another jvm. We have a	large cross-jvm rpm repository
where people can use any of Sun/IBM/Bea/Blackdown 1.3/1.4 jvms, but
sadly there is not gcj jvm provider right now.

If you do build oo parts with support for non-gcj jvms, please use the
jpackage file layout not the Sun one - it'd be stupid two have two
incompatible repositories of java packages.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot