Re: Graphical boot issues: a.o. graphical boot twice slower then text boot!!!

Behdad Esfahbod (behdad cs toronto edu) said:
> > keymaps are loaded in rc.sysinit already.
>
> Now that you are talking about rc.sysinit, I recall that on my
> laptop, I have just a few services to start, say less than five,
> and most of the boot time is by rc.sysinit, I can hack
> /etc/rc.d/rc to load services in parallel o some other thing, but
> rc.sysinit is much harder to hack to load faster, so what's the
> point in moving stuff there?

It makes more sense to have things associated with system
boot there, as opposed to presenting them as a 'service'.

There's nothing to prevent breaking up rc.sysinit into rcS.d
(or similar) and parallelizing it, though. It's a simple matter
of code. :)

Bill