Contributing packages

gemi at bluewin.ch gemi at bluewin.ch
Wed Oct 15 13:06:05 UTC 2003

Hi,

I would like to contribute RPM packages to the Fedora project.
I am especially interested in development tools like
programming languages etc... I think these packages
would go into fedora-extras. However there doesn't seem
to be any information about repositories. There is also
no information about non-free packages, i.e. software
only available as binaries.
How should I proceed?

Other questions:
What if developers of software already built RPM
packages? Is it alright to repackage them?
Sometimes it is quite difficult to create pure
source packages, for example Haskell compilers
that need a Haskell compiler to bootstrap. Is it
possible in this case to package binaries within
a source package?
What is the policy regarding Java software? Will there
be an RPM for Sun's JVM in Fedora?

Regards,
Gérard