Yo.

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at sharif.edu
Sat Oct 18 09:49:45 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 01:00, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I don't know, I wasn't aware of any patents regarding this.
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/managementtopics/ebusiness/story/0,10801,59043,00.html
> http://www.i-d-n.net/#patents
>
> All very messy but I've not followed it since early 2002 to know
> what happened or if it all died

I've done that. There was consensus in the IETF IDN working group that
Walid's patents are invalid, especially since there existed published
and widely-distributed prior art (Martin Duerst's UTF-5, to name).

There is no patent issue, as far as IETF and the lawyers members have
contacted agree. And BTW, Mozilla already supports IDN.

roozbeh