Repository feature proposal

Sun Oct 19 17:06:18 UTC 2003

Le dim 19/10/2003 à 18:24, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :
> Le dim 19/10/2003 à 17:45, seth vidal a écrit :

> > There is work going on in the development branch of yum to allow for a
> > dir like this. We're using configparser format instead of xml b/c it
> > makes the config files very easy for humans to grok, I have a few
> > problems using xml for a config file that people need to edit b/c I've
> > found xml config files tend to confuse users.
>
> Sure - however xml is getting more prevalent and even if it's not the
> easiest format to grok for a human it's always easier than learn
> yet-another-config-file format.

[ Replying to myself since I fear I wasn't too clear ]

Something like this is perfectly human-readable and valid xml. I fail to
see how un-xmlizing could make it more readable.

<repository>
 <name>Fedora</name>
 <description>
 </description>
 <description lang="klingon">
 </description>
 <stream name="core"/>
 <stream name="updates"/>
 <stream name="extras"/>
 <stream name="unstable"/>

 <mirrorset>
  <provider>Red Hat</provider>
  <description> ....
  </description>
  <mirror url="ftp://ftp.redhat.com/...."
          arch="x86"
          every="3h"/>
  <mirror url="rsync://opteronium.redhat.com/...."
          arch="opteronium"
          every="24h"/>
  <mirror url="http://sources.redhat.com/...."
          arch="src"
          every="3h"/>
 </mirrorset>

 <mirrorset>
  <provider>Foo University</provider>
  <provider lang="fr">Université Foo</provider>
  <description>Only .edus please</description>
  <description lang="fr">Réservé au monde éducatif</description>
  <stream name="core"/>
  <stream name="updates"/>
  <mirror url="ftp://foo.edu/x86/...."
          arch="x86"