the only VPN solution is not in rh

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Thu Oct 23 13:53:08 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 03:28, Nils O. Selåsdal wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 16:39, Farkas Levente wrote:
> > hi,
> > currently there is not any real vpn solution in rh distro. what are the
> > alternatives:
> > - freeswan (ipsec)
> > - cipe
> > - openvpn
> tincd (http://tinc.nl.linux.org/) , it's a very nice and simple vpn
> solution.
> I'll take a stab at it and package it someday after fedora 1.0..

Please don't do this - tinc, cipe, and several other "home-grown" VPN
solutions have been shown to be so weak/poorly designed as to be worse
than plain text, since at least with plain text transactions the admins
realize they're vulnerable. ;-)

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/8676

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.