Self-Introduction: Gérard Milmeister

Gerard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 24 01:14:14 UTC 2003

1. Full legal name
  Gérard Milmeister
2. Country, City
  Switzerland, Zurich
3. Profession
  Research assistant
4. School
  University of Zurich (http://www.unizh.ch)
5. My goals in the Fedora Project
  Which packages?
    Mainly development software, i.e. tools and programming
    languages. But also Math software.
  QA?
    Sure, but only after I have a few of my submitted packages
    published, so that I can get insight of how the process
    works.
  Anything special?
    I would like to make Fedora a complete environment for
    developers and also the ideal distribution (especially)
    for computer science student. (I may then tell the students
    just to "yum install gprolog" for example)
6. Historical qualifications
  Other projects?
    Mainly university projects
  Computer languages and skills?
    C, C++, Java, Haskell, SML, Scheme, Prolog
    I know also quite a lot about XSL and MathML due
    to a project for an online Mathematics course.
  Why should you trust me?
    I have used Linux since 1993 and exclusively for more than
    7 years, so you can bet I want it to succeed.
    I have graduated in computer science (Informatikingenieur)
    at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
    (http://www.ethz.ch) and have written a diploma thesis
    related to functional programming (so now you where my bias
    comes from). I am now working on my doctoral thesis
    at the University of Zurich in the field of Musicinformatics
    (http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/mml/musicmedia). I also
    maintain since 1999 a link page of development software
    for Linux (http://www.hotfeet.ch/~gemi/LDT). I want to
    Linux deployed in Universities, thus the type of software
    I would like to contribute.

Regards
--
Gérard Milmeister