why not provide Tcl/Tk 8.4?

Hello,

I always wondered why Red Hat never upgraded to the latest stable Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 release (more performant and with bugs fixed), but instead sticks to the 8.3 series. Suse and others I believe have been using it for a while.

Let me know if I can help (I make Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 rpms available on my homepage).

--
Jean-Luc Fontaine  mailto:jfontain free fr  http://jfontain.free.fr/