yum.conf shipped with 1.0

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 18:17:15 UTC 2003

> > 			Use bt to sync the seed set and get an archive of
> > 			current .hdr files, using the old one as the start
> > 			point.
>
>   Hum, do you suggest having all the .hdr on all the clients ? That sounds

Thats pretty much what you have now with up2date. Disk is cheap. You have
all the base .hdr's from the install.

> Another point is that the repository metadata evolves gradually, I am not sure
> BitTorrent act on a versionned or delta way when operating on a set, probably
> but I wonder how this would interfere with the change of the seed.

If you start bt with a file that some segment has changed on then it thinks
its restarting froma partial run so fills it in. If segments move its
screwed up. That means a single hdr archive which simply grows on the end
as errata should be ok as I understand it - and in part the idea relies
on this.