yum.conf shipped with 1.0

Michael A. Koziarski michael at koziarski.com
Tue Oct 28 23:46:57 UTC 2003

> Very often, the user does not care or does not have info enough.
> Whatever checks the user is supposed to do right now, a preogram can do
> too.

This is not always true.

I am charged less for bandwidth within New Zealand.  How is the program
meant to know that?

My gentoo server uses an NZ portage mirror and this works well,  however
mirrorselect reports an australian one as being the fastest and won't
let me choose another.  Any tool to automatically select mirrors will
*have* to let the user override its selection.

That's not to say it can't default the selections, even hide them in a
'view selected mirror' pop-up.  But I need to be able to change it.

Admittedly, I'll be in the minority here, most people can just choose
their mirror.

Cheers
Koz