x86_64 issues, etc.

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Thu Oct 30 20:29:22 UTC 2003

As we get closer to Release, and hopefully and x86_64 FC1 release, I would
like to offer a few things.

First, bugzilla tickets referencing x86_64 arch for fedora packages, if
you can assign them to 64bit_Fedora at comcast.net I will look over them and
see if I can field them in an effort to reduce load.  I have a feeling
many of them will be less code issues, and more integration issues which I
should be able to easily address, and then forward on if they are code
related, or cross arch.  This should help reduce the strain of supporting
another arch.

Second, I am setting up another AMD64 system to use for builds, etc for
packages where people do not have the hardware to build or test on.  Just
let me know where the SRPM is and I will build and QA against AMD64 to
ensure the platform is well supported with not just core but extras.

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please let me know via email
or irc.

There has been quite a bit of interest in this platform, and with AMD
pushing it as a home user system as well, I think that interest will
continue to grow.

Thanks,

Justin M. Forbes