CD burning with Nautilus, was: Why xcdroast and not gcombust?

André Kelpe fs111 at web.de
Mon Sep 8 19:40:53 UTC 2003

Am Mon, 2003-09-08 um 20.59 schrieb Havoc Pennington:

> Not that I'm above speculating on mailing lists ;-) fwiw I
> think it makes a ton of sense that if I have a playlist I should be able
> to say "put this playlist on a CD" - keep in mind that iTunes is
> primarily a playlist/music-library manager, not just a player in the
> xmms mold.

In my opinion this is the right way. Let me show you one nice example
how this is done in the KDE World (or better in the world of software
based upon KDE components).

There is a nice music-mixing application which is called yammi
(http://yammi.sf.net). It is designed as an music manager with two
players (uses xmms or noatun) and some really good playlist
capabilities. It has menu entry which allows you to burn your playlist
via k3b (look at my other mail in this thread for more information).
This is the right way to integrate those functinalities. You have the
possibility to burn your playlist, but the application itself does not
have this functinality, it uses another (IMHO really good) application
to do this. This is how interaction and integration should be.

André