Implicit/minimum buildrequires

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Mon Sep 22 11:03:03 UTC 2003

I was wondering if there was any policy doc on BuildRequires for Red Hat
rpms, I've been playing with mach and severn srpms from fedora CVS and
due to the very minimal nature of the mach environment I get missing
BuildRequires.

I'm aware of the policy for fedora which seems slightly stricter than
that for Red Hat rpms.

Is there a document or guide for the minimal build environment for
building Red Hat rpms, or should missing BuildRequires go straight to
bugzilla.

This would be useful from two perspectives - using mach to build
severn/cambridge in an consistent environment, secondly as a start to
trying to bootstrap severn from an SRPM/CVS repository it'd be a useful
crib sheet.

As an example:

bash requires byacc and texinfo to build successfully in a severn mach
environment.

Paul