Re: Staying close to mainline and VM issues

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:39:51AM +0800, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
 > Hi, Marcelo has been incorporating a lot of Andrea's VM patches into
 > mainline. Given that RH has stated that it would like to stay close to
 > mainline. What does this bode for the rmap patches ?

Severn doesn't include rmap. It's VM is pretty close to mainline.
The VM patches that went into 2.4.23pre aren't yet included.
With us approaching a freeze for the next beta release, they were
deemed too risky at this time. It's possible they will get integrated
just after the release of beta2.

 > I see a number of bugzilla reports with the summary marked as (VM) and
 > quite a few reports which state that RH 2.4.20-xx kernel's seem to swap
 > more than RH 2.4.18-xx kernels. Would like to have Cambridge with a
 > kick-ass VM

How's severn holding up with the recent updates for you ?
On my 256MB desktop, which gets a daily hammering with mem-gutsy tools
like bitkeeper, its been pretty decent recently.

		Dave

--
 Dave Jones     http://www.codemonkey.org.uk