Interesting article on boot ordering

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Sep 23 23:23:42 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 01:42, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mer 24/09/2003 à 00:14, Bill Nottingham a écrit :

> > Seriously, can you elaborate a little more on these two?
>
> The first one is a big LSB oversight. There is no specified parameter to
> the LSB daemon function to specify a specific user (like in the RH
> function) and this hurts big time in the real world. (sure one can do a
> su separately but why use the function at all if you start rewriting
> parts of it ?) This could be taken care of in the next LSB spec revision
> if vendors were serious about LSB init scripts part.

Seconded, it must be one of those "so obvious that there must be a
really good reason not to provide it" sort of things.  I can't think of
such a reason right now though; if there is one I wouldn't mind seeing
it documented somewhere.

Surely you know that there is (or at least used to be, can't verify at
the moment b/c the hostname doesn't resolve here ATM) a nice review form
for the latest LSB under development somewhere at www.linuxbase.org...:)