redhat logo on gnome menu / menu bar.

Trae McCombs occy at occy.net
Sat Sep 27 18:44:05 UTC 2003

> how about replacing it with a graphic that suggest there's a menu there?
> People coming from Windows are used to start by pressing Start, now they
> have to press on a hat, very  intuitive.

You know, this is actually a great idea.  Should I try and corner
Garrett, Jakub, or Tuomas about doing a mock-up?  I know this is opening
pandoras box, and inviting a possible "butter-battle"(see Dr. Seuss),
but I think it helps address something that's been lacking for a while.
I think the better solution to the problem is to have a menu bar
preferences setting for the following:

border relief: on/off
text: [start] (would be nice to be able to edit it in prefs)
change icon: [icon] (this would be nice for those that want to keep
things co-ordinated and not have an icon hard-coded that might not match
their desktop.

Anyhoo... my two pennies...

-trae