Showstopper in the RPM submission procesdure

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Sep 29 09:01:24 UTC 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
[...]
> Fedora can ship both scripts as RPMs, fedora-submit will depend on
> bug-bugzilla until and unless that changes, and everybody should be
> happy.  Including the Bugzilla people, who have had people clamoring
> for a production-quality tool of this kind forever.
>
> Does this sound like a good plan?

If a package in Fedora Core is maintained by non-RH person X, having
person X go through Bugzilla to update his package (whether with a tool or
not), implying having a Red Hat person look at the problem and apply it in
a timely fashion, is IMHO *way* too heavy a process.

We need more than that, e.g. CVS commit access to the server housing the
RPM spec files and patch files, etc.

I'm not saying that the tool you propose would not be useful, I just think
that (at least as I see Fedora) it's still too heavy a process...