fedora only for US users ?

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 20:31:16 UTC 2003

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 08:18:36AM +0000, Cosmic Flo wrote:
> this message is a little hard but :
>
> - at first time wizard, keyboard configuration is US, not the selected
> language at install.
>
> - mozilla is only configured for US (language for web page, interface), the
> selected language at install have no importance.
>
> - evolution's meteo is Boston US, I have selected an other city in Europe.
>
> - the fedora.redhat.com web site (presentation, pages, documentation) is
> only in English language, I have made some propositions to translate it but
> no translation project have started.

There is a translation project: http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/translations/

We don't have any details yet, but we are open to suggestions.

These are in English because you have to start with some language, and
English happens to be the first and maybe only language of those who
initially created them.

> I think that now the fedora project is more open to community, it's time to
> really open it to all languages.

Definitely. We need a translation plan.