Fedora security announce and discussion lists

Tue Sep 30 07:50:37 UTC 2003

Le mar 30/09/2003 à 05:42, Nathan G. Grennan a écrit :

>    This idea came to be because of the issue with running things from
> rawhide has always been a security risk. You never know when the
> maintainer will make a new rawhide package with the necessary security
> fix for the latest exploits.

Rawhide was/is ok. It's fast-paced enough (except during betas of
course;() one can just to a regular apt-dist-upgrade and get all the
security fixes (a lot of fixes for core are tested in rawhide first
anyway). An up-to-date rawhide is not much a security risk I feel - it
breaks enough regular software it should also break most exploits;)

OTOH, I've always felt nervous about fedora.us(...) packages. There are
too many conflicts with Rawhide one could auto-update  them blindly, at
the risk of getting things stale like you noted.

I do hope the new Fedora project will try to get more in sync wit
Rawhide.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot