Re: Future: fhs 2.3 compliance for fc3

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 15:46 -0700, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> The boxes were configured to use the local SMTP for some reason (I dont
> know.. I just had to debug the problem). Thus the mail went from
> client -> sendmail/var/spool/clientmqueue -> power-outage ooops

Heh, that's just sick.  How about my statement holding for when the
clients are set up correctly? :-)  (ie, if you don't use local sendmail
and just do smtp, then local /var/spool isn't needed)

So yes, the ability to have it, perfectly reasonable.  Having it as the
general case, perhaps overkill.

Jeremy