Re: Future: fhs 2.3 compliance for fc3

On Friday 02 April 2004 21:41, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Alleged.  Thats just it.  I haven't ran across anybody who uses Linux
> that uses /mnt as a mountpoint.  Everybody I've talked to and worked
> with will create their own temp dir under /mnt and mount things there.

Fearing to warm up the old discussion, A quick look at some of the Linux
kernel Documentation/ directory reveals that most examples assume you're
using /mnt as a single mountpoint. Not that I think you should do it that
way, but I think that shows it's not too unusual. Agreed, RedHat didn't, but
a lot of other distros seem to do it that way.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
Dept. of Numerical Algebra, University of Tübingen, Germany