Re: CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND: on resume machine reboots at "restarting tasks"

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 08:02, Aleksey Nogin <aleksey nogin org> wrote:
> now at resume time, it starts resuming OK, but shortly after it says
> "restarting tasks", machine suddenly reboots.
[...]
> P.S. Somewhere around the time it stopped working, I started
> experimenting with enabling and using SELinux, so it might be
> SELinux-related.

If you suspect SE Linux of causing such problems then the thing to do is to
enable a serial console and capture the kernel messages to another machine.
I have never seen SE Linux cause a kernel problem without logging it to the
console (including serial console if one is enabled).  I have on several
occasions seen SE Linux trigger a sudden reboot (by preventing the kernel
from doing what it wants) in a way that only a serial console could capture.