Re: hidden processes / nautilus, gnome-vfs-daemon

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 07:59, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On my FC2 Test2 installation, there are four hidden processes. Three are
> nautilus, one is gnome-vfs-daemon. Their PID directories below /proc are
> hidden, and the processes cannot seem to be listed with "ps" either.
>
> What exactly is the reason for hiding them?
>
> I've failed to find something about it in the nautilus changelog.

It's not nautilus or gnome-vfs-daemon, but SELinux that's hiding them.
su to root (or newrole -r sysadm_r) and then do a ps axZ and see what
domain they are in (the last part of the context, should end with a
'_t').  The processes domain is probably not visible from the user_r
role.

--
--Shahms