FC2 and FC1 and common home

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Sun Apr 4 18:56:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 18:35, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Are they any "gotcha's" related to using the same /home partition for
> both FC2 and FC1?

I had a working FC1 with /home in its own partition. Then I installed
FC2 (I didn't do an update) and kept my /home un-formated.

And it was a catastrophe :( GDM complained that it couldn't see my home
dir (/home/julien), which, really, existed.

I then re-installed FC2 but disabled selinux (through the firewall
configuration tool in anaconda), and now everything is OK.

>From what i understand, you have to, somehow, make selinux aware of your
existin /home partition. But I don't have any clue on how to do it, or
even if it's really where the problem lies.

--
Julien Olivier <julo at altern.org>