Menu Editing in Gnome 2.6

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 00:55:21 UTC 2004

Dan Williams wrote:
> Furthermore, its not clear that right-clicking on the menus to delete
> stuff is the best way to go about it...  There are at least two options,
> (1) in-menu editing via contextual menus, and (2) a menu editing
> application a la KDE.  There really hasn't been any discussion/
> conclusion about which is the best path to take.

I would have to echo the sentiment expressed by the other reply.  I
certainly expect both #1 and #2 in a full featured desktop operating
system. #1 is because users now have the expectation of being able to
manipulate objects immediately by right-clicking and using the context
menu options. #2 is for cases where more fine-grained control of
multiple objects is needed, and can not be done easily and intuitively
within the context of #1's user interface.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com