wide-ranging question - FC1 + linux 2.6

Anyone had experience putting a 2.6.x kernel RPM on top of FC1? I'd love to see a definitive list of things that you have to change when doing this. So far, for me:

Had to point X and gpm at /dev/input/mice - you can symlink /dev/mouse and /dev/psaux to /dev/input/mice, but according to developers this is a no-no.

Keep getting "nfs warning: mount version older than kernel" whenever I mount a NFS filesystem. Not sure what I should do about this?

Seem to get "INIT: version 2.85 reloading" on the console every so often. I have no idea why it is doing this.

Everything else seems to work fine so far. Anyone else had any experience with this?

Cheers,
Mart