wide-ranging question - FC1 + linux 2.6

Martin Stone martin.stone at db.com
Tue Apr 6 18:45:42 UTC 2004

Anyone had experience putting a 2.6.x kernel RPM on top of FC1?  I'd love to see
a definitive list of things that you have to change when doing this.  So far,
for me:

Had to point X and gpm at /dev/input/mice - you can symlink /dev/mouse and
/dev/psaux to /dev/input/mice, but according to developers this is a no-no.

Keep getting "nfs warning: mount version older than kernel" whenever I mount a
NFS filesystem.  Not sure what I should do about this?

Seem to get "INIT: version 2.85 reloading" on the console every so often.  I
have no idea why it is doing this.

Everything else seems to work fine so far.  Anyone else had any experience with
this?

Cheers,
Mart