Re: Forward looking to FC2 final and SELinux

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 14:59, Jesse Keating wrote:
> While SELinux is very cool, and very usefull in corner cases of edge
> servers, it's not very cool for workstations, desktops, general
> servers, etc...

I'd encourage you to read the paper available from
http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/papers/inevit-abs.cfm.  Quite independent of
any argument about enabling/disabling SELinux by default for FC2, just a
case that flexible MAC is important even for the desktop.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds epoch ncsc mil>
National Security Agency