Magicdev doesn't automount the CD drive

Pyroman[FO] pyroman at ninjapanda.org
Wed Apr 7 01:30:01 UTC 2004

I can only mount the CD drive manually or by clicking on "CD-ROM" in
"Computer".  When I insert the disc into the drive it doesn't mount or
put the CD icon on the desktop even though I have "Mount discs when
inserted" checked.

Here is my fstab entry for my cdrom
/dev/cdrom     /mnt/cdrom        udf,iso9660 user,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

It's an IDE cdrom on /dev/hdc, this is a Dell laptop so it's removable,
though it's obviously not removed :)  Double clicking on the CD-ROM
mounts the drive fine and I have no trouble unmounting it as a normal
user.  It's just not getting mounted when the disc is inserted.  I have
connected my USB camera and it mounted fine and placed an icon on the
desktop.  I even tried gnome-volume-manager and it won't mount it until
I click on it.

Pyroman[FO]