Re: Package Naming Guidlines

Rex Dieter wrote:
Enrico Scholz wrote:

A yet more aggressive proposal would be

| %{!?releasefunc:%define releasefunc() 0.fdr.%1}
| Release: %releasefunc XYZ

Drawbacks of this variant are the additional '%{!...}' line, and that is
does not work on RH <=8.0. But RH 8.0 is dead and packages in legacy are
limited so that manual specfile editing should not be a problem.

FYI, I've used this type of thing a bunch myself going all the way back to rh73. How exactly have you found it not to work?

Nevermind, what I did before did *not* use the %1 trick in your example.

-- Rex